Add people to Workplace using a Microsoft Excel or CSV file
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions.
There are several ways you can add people to your organization’s Workplace. This article covers how to add people using a Microsoft Excel or CSV file.
- Learn how to add people using their email address, mobile phone number, an access code or link, or an identity provider or SCIM API.
Adding people to Workplace with a Microsoft Excel or CSV file
This option is useful if you want to add a large number of people to your Workplace at once, especially if these people will activate their Workplace account through different methods. For example, you may want to add some people using their email address and other people with their mobile phone number.
To add people to Workplace with a Microsoft Excel or CSV file:
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu on Workplace.
- Click People.
- Click Add people in the top right, then select Import a CSV or XLSX.
- Click Download template and open it.
- Complete the spreadsheet following the instructions on Workplace, then save it.
- If you include an email address, the person will activate their Workplace account through their email. This applies even if you include a mobile phone number or employee ID.
- If you don’t include an email address but do include a mobile number, the person will activate their Workplace account through their mobile number. This applies if you also include an employee ID. If you are currently on a Workplace trial, then you can’t add people using mobile phone numbers.
- If you include only an employee ID, the user will access their Workplace account through an access code.
- On Workplace, click Import file.
- Select the language for these Workplace accounts, then click Set language.
- Respond to any changes or errors that require attention, then click Save changes.
- Select either Send now or Send later.
- If you select Send now, invitations will be immediately sent for the people you’ve added to activate their accounts.
- If you select Send later, you will need to send invitations later for people to activate their accounts.
Note: There should be no more than 2500 rows of employee data per CSV or XLSX file.